Wednesday, July 23, 2014

v0.25 update in the BTSync share

Just to let you know the v0.25 has been moved to the BTSync share, and I've finished uploading the full replay video with the new cameras.  I have also removed a few of the previous versions from the share.  If you are running default settings of BTSync, you still have the archive in a sub folder, just look around if you prefer an older version for whatever reasons.

Let me know your thoughts on how it looks!



Since I already pretty much summed it up on youtube already, here is a cut and paste version of what's new:

New!  Full replay capability!  I have carefully positioned each to maximize the view of the track at that particular spot, and made sure all odd things, sharp angle, etc is kept to the absolute minimum, so it depicts the track really well.  All rough edges are mostly hidden, and the camera are rather optimized, using as little as I could, using the zooming at appropriate time, or to create easy screenshots location.

All that while taking great care to position the camera so every apex is easily visible, as well as entry and exit point...

I have also finished up adjusting brightness level on the distant objects I skipped when I recorded the v0.24 video.  Stuff in the GP, village, paddock, gas station on the dottinger hohe, etc..

I have also replaced the grass building near the village, I looked in the gtr evo original track, and it was the same, a grass building, wall and roof.  Since it has no mapping and no texture, and is barely visible unless you look for it, I have assigned it a plain concrete texture from somewhere else in the track.

The replay is the same as v0.24, but now you will get to see it from a different angle.

I have watched it all day while tuning up the cameras, I have used this particular replay because it's a very good lap, and the car jumped at every point it could....  and since it doesnt happen very often, I thought it would be great to tune the cameras to show the jumps as well :)

I believe it is my cleanest lap around the track so far.  I look at it, and I wish I could extract the fast path spline from it, cause I'm sure that lap would make a great AI :)




No comments:

Post a Comment