Saturday, August 16, 2014

VLN v0.55 update in the share



Well, that was a good week.  Managed to do a whole lot more than I thought I would.

All the shaders are configured as the rest of the tourist, made all necessary spec maps, the race surface is smoothed out, increased poly, remapped and retexture with very little seams.  I had a little problem coming around the lap, when the pit lane starts, but its now covered up with the grooves layers, so it doesn't shows up anymore.

The timing objects, pit and start boxes are all set up.

Today, I managed to do both the AI and replay cameras as well as a proper sections.ini.

The AI should be a real challenge to most drivers out there, I would think.  I improved considerably on this layout since I did the first tourist AI, so if you were struggling with the tourist AI, you will definately want to lower this one a couple of notches.

As you can see in the video, I gave my everything trying to beat the AI once I let him pass me at start, and never was able to.  Horribly crashed near the kleines karrusell.  He did not got away from me much, at times he was pulling a bit, then I would close up a bit, stayed overall rather equal to him until the end.  I will need to sharpen my skills some more in order to beat this new ai.

So you can expect a tourist update soon.  I'll fix the road texture that's too stretched on the length side, I tiled it some more on the vln, since I noticed it was kinda stretched.  I'll update the AI, and update the sections.ini to the gtr evo layout.  It's still the one I took from the other nord.

I'll need to make the grass on the vln layout, and we will have v1.0 of both tourist and vln.

EDIT:  I typed this last night so it would be ready when the video would be online etc, but I have made some little changes since, hence v0.55.

I have detached all curbs objects to materials, and assigned a separate feedback for the 3d curbs, so the engine will not add rumble effects on top.

I have also removed the feedback effect on the turf and green parts, and assigned wall physics to the chicane posts, and the tirestacks in the position grid.

4 comments:

  1. It looks very good Pierre! Thanks for all your work. I hope to have the time to ride it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Let me know how it goes! If you wanna have some laps online, check out the server I just created today, Nordschleife VLN 0.55, just search for vln, there is 3 results at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Tres bon travail, mais si j'ai bien compris tu abandonnes la version nord pour la version nord + GP ? en tout cas pour ma part je préfère cette version nord+gp car on la rencontre très rarement dans un jeu, et c'est cool de pouvoir enfin faire les 2 ensemble, plus de courbes, de durée et de challenge !!!! Cool !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci!

      Non pas du tout! Comme le layout tourist est rendu pas mal ou je le voulais, il ne me restait plus grand chose à faire, et comme je n'ai pas vraiment envie d'arrêter non plus, je me suis dis que je pourrais faire les autres layouts.

      Je croyais qu'evo avait la 24h, mais c'est la vln... donc après que j'ai terminé la vln, je vais faire la 24h et la piste complète (le 24h + le mercedes arena)

      Mais tout les changements sur la section tourist que je ferai, je vais mettre à jour le layout tourist en retour. Je compte bien améliorer l'AI... je l'avais fais au début, alors que j'étais peu familier avec le layout gtr evo.

      Delete