Sunday, August 10, 2014

The 24h has opened it's door, and is in your BTSync folder!



Finally, everyone can rejoice!  I have been asked for a while for this, and now it's happening!

Since I got the nordschleife track to a pretty decent level, I thought it would be nice to expand and include the 24h as well.

So if you bought gtr evo to get the tourist, your money hasn't been spent in vain!  You will be able to race both tracks in AC as well now!

Ironically, I have started working on this about 24h ago... :)  I imported the 24h meshes from gtr evo, isolated the difference between what I had and what was in the 24h layout, and merged both together, so I didn't have to do the nordschleife again.

I did a quick tuning of the shaders, nothing fancy yet, just wanted to have something still pleasant to look at while checking it out in game.

The road mesh is particularly good, actually, I think it doesn't need any work.

At the moment, as you can figure, the AI, cameras, track map, grooves, etc, are all coming from the tourist, so you can only hotlap for the moment, but I thought I would release it as is, so you can enjoy it for the rest of your sunday, if you are lucky to be at home! :) or unlucky depending how you see it!

If tim_olol would be super kind again and make a nice track map as he did for the tourist layout, it would be awesome!  I need to learn the track, and this would be really helpful!  I have never ran the 24h layout before, and have only ran the nurb track a bit when I started playing AC a bit more, but ended up lapping on Mugello and Vallelunga before I converted Nord.

Can anyone please tell me how to figure the IN and OUT values for the sections.ini and cameras.ini?  I have tried to search google and the AC forums for this, and found nothing.

In the editor, the two set in and out button don't do anything for me, and only set it to -1.  Yeah, I know, I already did the cameras.ini, right?  But since I couldnt find any info, I went by trial and error... and I came to a point where I was getting it within 3-4 tries... sometimes less.  But I don't which to do the sections.ini and cameras.ini this way, there must be an easier way than this.  I look at the default .ini that comes with the stock tracks, and values have lots of numbers after the dot.

I have also imported the collision mesh as I didnt knew AC needed one... so I have turned out physics on the guardrails and enabled them on the collision walls.  Colliding with guardrails should be better now.

EDIT::  Here is an onboard lap since the replay cameras don't work yet.




3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I hope I didnt got your hopes up too much, someone pointed me out that it wasn't the 24h layout but the vln one. I thought gtr evo had the 24h and the tourist. My bad.

    I never raced it and I wasn't familiar with the differences really, so I couldnt know.

    However, once the vln will be finished, it won't be too hard to move a few tirestacks around and create the 24h.

    You'll have to be a bit more patient for the 24h, hang tight :) But I'm sure the vln will make a few people happy, cause I had about equal requests for both the 24h and vln :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll fix the name of the track in the next update :)

    ReplyDelete