Tuesday, August 5, 2014

v0.31 video

Here is what the track looks like with full grass on.



As you can see, it's like a brand new nord!

I have kept my video settings the same so you can have an idea of the performance hit.  As you can see, it got laggy a bit at times, but overall, it is very good.  Keep in mind recording with fraps adds an overhead.

Also, the track had 0 lod optimizations.  Turns out the engine doesn't do it by itself.  Up till now, everything was set to 0, and I assumed the engine dealt with it loding stuff as needed, cause the performance was nice anyway.

Turns out I was wrong, and the engine doesn't do it.  Some people mentioned the entry to fuschrohre was lagging on some hardware, and I started to experience it with the full grass on.

So I started to optimize stuff, and on my system, it doesn't lag no more entering fuschrohre.  It's is also smoother all around track for me, so I guess it should be quite noticeable for everyone, and might allow people who couldnt have played with the grass on otherwise.

Now I need to make some blending grass lines at the bottom of a few hills that doesn't have guardrails, add the guardrails grass clumps all around track, as it's been done only on the dottinger hohe and the hill grass that spills.

I will also look to add some wild flowers here and there.

An update should be ready for the upcoming week end, hang tight :)

Make sure you have plenty of time this week end cause it will be a one of a kind nord experience :)

The number of polys as seen in this video is 5.6M (tris, from 3dsimed report)


1 comment: