Thursday, August 28, 2014

The first spline based Nordschleife available in the share!

Well!  I'm extremely pleased to announce that the first spline based nordschleife is now available.  Don't expect much, no shaders assigned, two textures, road and grass, no curbs, no nothing.. except the track and about 25-30 meters of grass on each side, no relief.

I tried the ferrari evo on it and the tatuus, the two cars from the defaults which had problems on the track before, and both drives perfectly on the new mesh.

So I'm letting it out early so you guys can throw all kind of cars at it and see how it goes.  Beware tho, there is no visual aids, so you will need to know the track like your back pocket to drive on it without falling past the wide patch of grass!

I'm not even sure if I'll be able to complete it, but I'm having a shot.

I know AC will probably have their own before I finish this up, but I'm now only interested in AC if you know what I mean.  I'd like to offer it to all current racing sims, if they wish to adapt it to their engine.  It's gonna be built for AC, so all in standard mats, so conversion to most engine should be easy... only rf2 will require a bit more to convert the mats, I'll need to check and see if there is a standard to gmat converter script... that would save a bunch of time.

So I'll keep you updated on the project.  And let me know how your mod cars handle on it.

EDIT:  I've done the width changes in the road, all that remains are the camber and both karussells.


3 comments:

  1. Hi pleclair,how can i contact you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use the contact form on the right. It will send me an email and I will be able to reply to you like so.

    ReplyDelete