Thursday, August 7, 2014

v0.31 update in the share

I have made the new share, and made two actually.  One will contain the latest version, and the other will contain a few archived versions, in case you don't like the latest, can't run it, or whatever.  And I have sent the keys to all those that sent me their proof on the AC forums.

After tuning the LODs, the track is now a lot smoother.  I have dropped my 8x AA to 4x, with no apparent visual degradation, and the track now runs between 50-60fps for the most part, going into 40s at times.

As you can see, (will see, the video is uploading to youtube atm) the recording with fraps went smooth with no laggy parts.

I have also fixed the two tree trunks (for two different kinds of trees), that went bad during the tree conversions.  They had the leaf texture instead of the bark.  They are now fixed.

Since a few bark texture are right into the tree texture, instead of being separate, I could not assign a different shader settings, so a few trunks were appearing too bright because of this.  I have made those separate mat from the foliage now, so I was able to tone them down a bit.

A very solid release I think.

The other versions will follow depending on the comments I get on this one.  If everyone is able to run it, no need to do them, but otherwise, I could add a version with only the inside grass and/or no grass.

EDIT:  Sorry for the slow transfer speed right now, I'm uploading the video to youtube as well.  It is estimated to complete in 2 hours.  Hang on!


3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the sync problem.

    A few people was mentioning the latest were not syncing, I had no idea why. I tried changing some advanced settings as per the btsync faq to possibly increase xfer speed, but it did not helped.

    I remember renaming the file after I created the share, and it must have confused it, as I have just closed btsync and reopened it and it started syncing now.

    Sorry about that :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 3d grass looks great, but not really to Kunos standard, there's something wrong with it, don't really what it is. The bottom seems to be too dark, or the grass is too high, dunno. I think it needs some fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The longer grass can't be made any shofter than this, otherwise I need to make it more dense so it will fill up the holes created by shorter blades...

    But again, I doubt there is a lot of people trimming that grass, so it is likely to happen 1 time a year or so...

    As for the bottom, the texture I have is much darker at the bottom, as grass should be actually. However, when tiled with a lower density, the bottom shows more and becomes a problem.

    I have toned the bottom as much as I could without getting artifacts or weird look, so I cannot make it much lighter than this. The texture I used on the inside is from Kunos nurb track, but it cannot be made long, as it depicts a cut and cared grass. I need wilder blades.

    I doubt I will put more time into the grass at this point.

    ReplyDelete