Sunday, August 31, 2014

Curbs looking spiffy in the editor!

I was curious to see how the curbs would look in the editor, so I exported a small segment of road, along with the curb and the part before the curb, and see how it looks.  Pretty stunning I must say!  The different time of day really shows a difference now.

I didn't thought about that before, but since the curbs have their own geometry, which differs of the road, and the beginning and end parts, it adds a bit of trouble, and will likely take me a lot longer than if I would have done them as they were before, but I believe the efforts will be worth it, don't you think?

Since there was no way I could connect the curbs to the road cleanly, I put the pivot point of the curb a little back, just a tiny bit, so it will sit a little over the road, as you can see, it doesnt really show up, and will save a lot of poly doing so.

I guess that's why the original was made like this!  With the curbs and stuff not connected and overlapped a bit.  I'm just too perfectionist and it bugs me... but I have no other choice now to do the same.  In the end, in game, it doesnt matter, but it's just that I like when things are clean and nicely made.. .stuff all connected.. but seems modelling for games requires some trickery!  Not that I modeled before for different purpose, but I suppose you don't have to resort to that kind of stuff when you are no really limited by poly count.











No comments:

Post a Comment