Saturday, August 30, 2014

Development news

So far so good!

The cambers are done all around track, and closely match those of gtr evo.  Still need to interpolate a few bits, but overall, it's pretty good.  At first, I had no idea how I was gonna do it, so I found a way, but around halfway, I found a much better way of doing them, was going faster and a cleaner job, didnt need to interpolate as much.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna nail the two karussells right tho.  This is a lot more tricky, and I'm not certain how it's done from scratch.  So what I did was cut the karussel inside (the separate texture) and since it was pretty much the same size and shape as the original, I was able to conform it and do a few adjustments for the couple of verts that didn't conformed since they had no surface to conform.  

I have started work on the curb.  I'm currently modelling them so they will be 3d, and won't need fake bump added.  I have really liked the 3d curbs in the gp section, so I thought to tourist could use the same.

I am using the texture gametextures made for my other version.  Here is how they look.  Sorry for the low quality render, I don't know how to setup the rendering as I never had to.  But the texture should look much better in game.  If you have tried my rf2 version, you know how they looked :)


I will also do some research on how I could model the... I dunno how you call that, but the bricks as shown in adeneau or the inside of the karussel.  Since I have no really good texture for this, I thought it would be better to model it instead, and use a brick/concrete texture and ground/grass on the inside.

My finger is still pretty swollen, but it doesnt hurt as much on idle, and typing with my other finger on that same hand doesn't hurt no more, so that's why I was able to type this!  I can move it about 45 degrees.

So that's the news!  Anyone tried the new track mesh with mod cars?  Haven't heard anything yet... as they say, no news, good news?


EDIT:  Done with modelling the reference curbs and mapping each tile. There will be a lot of variations in the curbs now.




Actually, I'm having fun now!  Here are some sample of the concrete extension as found in hohenrain and lots of other places.

Won't be needing fake bumps no more!


The second style of concrete



I'm putting a plugin I bought a few months ago, when I was working the paddock area on the rf2 version, to good use.  Quad Chamfers from Marius Silaghi.  Actually, I got many of his scripts, lots of useful stuff in there.

It does much better chamfers than 3dsmax does.  A lot more options, and since its a plugin, it goes to the stack.

Something went wrong with the second concrete, had to redo it, and this time, I beveled the tiles a bit, I had forgotten to do it on the screenshot above.



Here is the "x bricks":



2 comments:

  1. great work!but no answer about the contact form from you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that, replied to you this morning!

    ReplyDelete