Sunday, August 10, 2014

Interested in creating a Nordschleife only league?

Anyone would be interested in creating a Nordschleife only league with me?

As most of you know, I pretty much only run the nordschleife, and I recently thought about creating a league that would exclusively run the nordschleife, but with different cars.

Every week, during week days, we could run hotlaps mostly, try out different cars, and pick one to use for the week end race, and ideally practice with it during the week.

We could share setups, tips, and look to improve each other during week days.

I also thought about having handicaps to make things more interesting with races with different cars and skill levels.

So the fastest people could run some slower cars while those having more problems could run faster, grippier cars.  As long as lap times are about the same, and it gives good competition, it should be real interesting.

I have started to run races with the AI, where I take a slower car and run with the faster one, one on one, and its bunch of fun!

I did a ktm (I had the ktm) vs ferrari f40 stage 3, and it was a good race.  The AI managed to stay rather close to me, so it was able to pass me on the dottinger hohe when we were coming back on it, end of first lap, and he took a considerable gain before schikane.

Let me know what you think, we could run both the tourist and soon to come 24h :)

5 comments:

  1. We just have to find a place to talk and make those things work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I'm defetely in. Hope the time zone don't be an problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What time zone are you in? I'm -5 (EST).

      I take it you are from Europe or something?

      We'll wait until we have a few persons interested, then I'll look about adding a forum to the blog, if possible, else I'll host the forum elsewhere.

      Delete
    2. Hey Pierre, I'm -3 GMT. I live in Brazil.

      I'll talk to some friends about the league. I think they'll like the idea.

      During the week I think it might be harder to get everybody together do race, but on weekends it's definetely possible.

      Delete
  3. Hello Gean!

    Sorry for the delay, I've been busy finishing up the 0.55 release for the week end.

    We are nearly neighbor, time zone wise, so it should be just fine.

    As I said, I don't plan on running races during week days, unless we organize something, but ideally, we would run practice sessions on week days, lapping with different cars, picking on to race on the week end, as we would try to pick different race for each races.

    The idea is to get better with all cars on the track. I know a lot of people pick one car and race different tracks, but I like to drive all cars, road cars, race cars, historics, formulas...

    Let me know if you are still interested and talk about it to your friends. In the mean time, feel free to meet up in the newly created server, Nordschleife VLN 0.55! I will try to keep it running all day and drop by here and then to see if anyone is online!

    ReplyDelete