Saturday, August 23, 2014

v0.9 tourist/vln update ready!

Tourist

VLN

(You can get this awesome Civic and more nice cars here: http://malagoligarage.wordpress.com/category/cars/)


Well, that was a good week as well. Managed to get a lot done.
First, I'm sorry, I was a bit overwhelmed with emails last week end, so I didn't took my emails for the whole week, so I could concentrate on work a bit.

I hate cut and paste replies, so I was taking time to reply to everyone that reached me thru the contact form, but it was taking a lot of time.

So I started by adding grass to the gp area, and it wasn't an easy task.  The scene was already near maximum capacity for what 32 bit can handle, so I wasn't able to add grass as I wanted in the GP area and keep both the inside and hill grass in the tourist section.  So I removed the hill grass and I was able to cover the gp area properly, with a good density, and good coverage.

I also added some new miss grooves in corners of the gp area, as Kunos have done in their nurb track.

Fixed a couple of things as well, such as the missing billboards in the gp area, some texture mapping errors, added more specular to the drain in the gp area, things like that.

I also tuned the LODs some more. The track might even be smoother with the grass on than it was before.  You let me know.

For the tourist version, I took the vln mesh, imported the blocking tirestacks (that blocks the gp area), the timing objects, start, pit, etc.

This was easier than figuring all the changes I made in the tourist part, in the vln version, and setup shaders in the gp area (it wasn't done in the tourist version).  And it makes sure that both looks the same as well.

I removed the tents, cars, vans etc that are present in the vln version, as they shouldnt be there anyway.

I also redid the AI in the tourist version.  It is much harder now, and winning a race in the GT cars at 100% is going to be very challenging.  The AI laps on average 4 seconds quicker than my best lap in the bmw gt2, so it's pretty tough.

This brings us closer to a v1.0 release on both versions!

In the vln video, I ran out of gas at the end of the 2nd lap.  I managed to make it out to the finish line anyway, first time this happens to me!

I'll catch up with my emails later tonight or tomorrow, so if you sent me an email or screenshot of your steam library, hang tight, I'll answer you back.


1 comment:

  1. Won't get a chance to try it before next weekend, but sounds great, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete