Friday, July 18, 2014

Nearly done now!

I'm nearly done now!

I managed to split the humongous bush object I was working on for more than a day, I had to split over 2200 individual bush objects of various sizes.  Ranging from as few as 10 polys to over 200 in some cases.

It's the most common tree/bush in the track, and it's appearing pretty tight all around the track, so it wasn't piece of cake.

The last one will be much easier compared to the one I just did, so an update is highly likely to happen this week-end.  Could be tomorrow or sunday, I dunno.  I'll keep you updated.

I have also done some custom normal maps for all treelines, so instead of using a simple gradient normal map for all of them, I made some with nDo and applied the gradient on top of each to still get that effect on top of more defined lighting on the tree lines with the normals made with nDo2.

You'll be surprised at how good those simple tree lines are looking now.

For the tree lines that are made of individual trees with empty space in between, I added a normal sphere around the individual trees, so those trees get lighted in a similar ways as the real ones.  Pretty neat.

I have also redone many of the original normal maps with nDo2, mainly the curbs, and different concrete panels attached to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment