Monday, July 14, 2014

Comparing com8 and gtr evo track mesh with google earth spline

Here is three videos I made comparing the com8 and gtr evo track meshes with google earth spline I did last year when I intially compared it.

I've been talking at how different the com8 mesh was for a while now, but here it is.

Now you will see just how accurate the gtr evo version is too.  You've seen the landscape mesh, now check out the track mesh.

Take note, the spline is rather low res and even tho I made sure to trace in the middle as I wanted to use it for a track spline... I came up to a screwed up section on google earth, and had to take a guess... so the spline isnt 100% accurate, and that's probably why it differs a little with gtr evo.

But com8 version is totally off... it's resembling that's about it.

This should also end the talk regarding accuracy of the Snoopy version versus GTR Evo... they can't be compared.




3 comments:

  1. Very good comparison.Evo layout cooks quite close. Now just how much we would perceive this difference when driving it, we will find out later with Kunos's laser scanned version. But from what I see here I don't expect major surprises except the bumps and possibly road camber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very curious to see the laser scanned version Kunos will make. I just hope they polish it a little more than their current offering.. not that they don't look good, but SimBin and ISI goes a little further with their tracks.

    Knowing SimBIn did this 8 years ago with older technology, older software etc, and lesser means makes it even more astonishing.

    Have you noticed the new banners around the track? I have filled the empty spots with rF2, Kunos and SimBin logos :)



    ReplyDelete
  3. merci pour cette comparaison, je comprends mieux maintenant :)

    ReplyDelete