Saturday, July 12, 2014

Update v0.20 live on the BTSync share!

Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay, I had a little more to do than I thought when I got done with the mesh.

I had only detached the road, and I needed to detach the rest, kerbs, grass, sand, etc... to give them separate properties.

Also, I have re-adjusted the brightness and specular levels on pretty much everything, further lowered them a tad, and customized things a little more this time around, instead of using much the same values for all mats (well, objects on the ground at least, the road, grass, kerb, etc had already different values)

The road dust overlays from the original are now back in place, but for the moment, they have no reactions yet.

The new tarmac texture have different feedback and more grip.  The karussels also applies bumps in the wheel.

I will post screenshots and videos later today, I just got done with the latest tweaks and copied the archive in the folder, so I wanted to let you know, if your BTSync is closed!

There is one thing that bugs me, the arrows in Breidscheid, next to the opc logos, are using my previous values... even tho it shows right in the editor, and are using the same values now as the opc next to it.  I'll need to look into this, I don't get it.

But other than that, things are pretty tight now! Can't wait for you guys to try this out!

EDIT:  Oh and there is a few tiny cracks remaining.  Things were pretty nasty around the curbs (start and end, and those pieces were all not connected to the road) and flow connect also messed up a few spots.  I was fixing them as I go, but I might have missed a few that remained.

I focused my attention on the brightness of things, and adding feedback more things, as I thought this would provide more than fixing those things for now.  I might keep a few as bumps actually :)

EDIT2: Second time I reboot my computer since I started the share, and the program wasn't set to start at boot, so I forgot to start it back.  I just added it, so it should not happen again.  Sorry about that.


1 comment:

  1. About the curbs height, I have started to raise them, did the first two, then I thought I should release one version without them, so people who might prefer lower curbs can run this version instead.

    Please note, I won't be updating the lower curbs version once I complete work on all of them.

    ReplyDelete