Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Development news

Well, I wasn't quite satisfied with the trees, etc, I just finished what I think is the final pass now.

I have opened up the nurb track in 3dsimed to have an idea of the values used by Kunos, and it turns out I wasn't that far off, but was missing some diffuse lighting as I thought.  It was too subtle, and in low sun position, the trees had virtually no shine on them.

I have re-edited all trees textures, and made them with similar brightness/saturation values as those used by Kunos.  Basically, I lowered brightness a good deal, and raised/lowered saturation in some cases, changed the hue a little here and there, and I got something rather solid now.

I re-did the tree lines normal map, they were inverted in some case, with the top being darker when it should be lighter.

I had started to do the replay camera, but I was thinking that the track should look better if we are to scrutinize it during replays :)

Here how it looks at all time of day, in 1hr interval, taken from both cockpit and the first replay camera as well, to show a back and different view.

8h00





9h00






10h00






11h00






12h00






13h00






14h00






15h00






16h00






17h00






18h00







If you guys like this, I could release an update tonight or tomorrow with the track as it is now, with the 4 first replay camera, and I will finish them up for the week end.


2 comments:

  1. It looks good to me from what I see in the pics, bright enough at noon, believable light at sunrise and sunset.

    Anyway, please share it if you think it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's really the thing that I have the more problems with so far... balancing colors so it matches well and show believable amount of light... I should get out more often I guess :) When I wasn't so much an hermit, I wasn't really paying attention to these things, as I never really got serious in photography either.

    I have spent the day finishing up the replay camera and I just got done with them :) I've recorded a video of it and currently converting and will send to youtube, then I'll package the archive and move it to the share :)

    I have positioned the camera as I wished, and tried to make it look as best as I could, while still being useful to watch to see your racing line. I made it how I wanted it to be when I watch my replay... hopefully you guys will also appreciate the extra efforts that went into making those cameras :)

    ReplyDelete