Monday, June 30, 2014

v0.18 in the BTSync folder

I think I got the brightness to a good level now.  It looks fine to me at all times of day, dawn, midday and dusk.

I've further lowered the trees before making the update.  I ran a lap before packing, and found out some trees were still too bright, so now I think it's pretty good.

Now, don't forget, they aren't lit as a sphere, so they are evenly lit, and the shading we see comes from the texture itself.

If I go any further than this, things will be near black at other times of day.

Here are some screenshots at different times of day:

8:00



10:00



12:00



16:00



18:00




So what do you think?

And in this update, the curbs have been raised from Antoniusbusche to Nordkhere.  (From the 1st corner in hotlap mode, to the last corner of the gp overlap area)



3 comments:

  1. Please be so kind to provide an alternative link, BTSync does not work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will repeat what I said in PM here, so it may help others who might have the same problem:

    Have a look at this webpage here: http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/22162-btsyncexe-installer-not-working-on-vista-32bit/

    On some computers the BTSync installer does nothing when clicking on it. In this case, open up a command line (by typing cmd in start menu -> run) and running the BTSync Installer should fire it up fine.

    If you need help getting thru command line, to make this easier, move the installer on your desktop, and once inside the command line type this:

    desktop\name_of_the_installer_goes_here and press enter.

    You need to add desktop first, because you moved the BTSync installer on your desktop and you are standing in your user directory when you open up a command line. And the desktop folder reside in this user directory.

    If anyone needs more help let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It worked fine, thanks.

    Very good tweaks there, for me colors look much much more believable now, I think you found the sweet spot, for all day round looks.

    Even asphalt is much better now, not sure it is the real track color, but I'm pretty sure is closer.

    Now that the looks are much more enjoyable, those transparent tree crows, need some filling. But I guess you can't fix them without fully replacing them.

    Anyways, take your time, 0.18 is very satisfying as it is now.

    Did I mention the track mesh is great? :)

    ReplyDelete